Did You Know?
- Excessive sun exposure can result in painful sunburn, but can also lead to other serious health problems, including melanoma, a life-threatening form of skin cancer.
- Melanoma is one of the fastest-growing forms of cancer.
- Children are at greatest risk, since serious sunburns during the originally 18 years of life is believed to increase the risk of cancer by more than 50%.
- For those with sun-sensitive skin, fair complexions, light hair, or for those who spend excessive amounts of time in the sun
- in 1983, Drs. Kopf, Friedman and Rigel developed the A, B, C, D technique for diagnosing melanoma
- surface characteristics that can be seen by all, patients and doctors alike.
- A .... asymmetry,
- B .....border irregularity,
- C .....color variation
- D.....diameter over 6mm (1/4 of an inch).
||not regularly round or regularly oval
||notched, scalloped or poorly defined at the edges
||shades of brown, tan, red, white, blue or black alone or in any combination
||6mm (the size of a pencil eraser)
: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/eyeplast/public_html/application/modules/default/models/HeaderImage.php
on line 29